How to play backgammon
A step by step guide:
1. Set up the backgammon board.
2. Sit opposite your opponent with the board between you two.
3. Throw a single die to determine who will get to move first. Roll again if both players get the same number.
4. Move first according to the roll of the dice if you rolled the higher number, but keep in mind that you must use both dice to determine your first move.
5. Number points 1 through 24 starting with the point on the upper right hand corner farthest away from you.
6. Move in a counterclockwise direction, and notice your opponent moving counterclockwise also.
7. Move onto open points only, you aren't allowed to move onto points with two or more opposing checkers.
8. Move all the pips shown on the dice. Play the larger number if you can only use one of the two numbers or as many of the doubles.
9. Place your opponent's checker on the bar when you hit a blot.
10. Commence bearing off when you've moved all of your checkers into your home board.
Now it's time to backgammon tips
Articles written by backgammon players about the game
(recent published articles):
[Read all backgammon articles]
Backgammon competitions help improve work efficiency
We are all driven by the constant need to be the best and to know more than others. For this reason alone we work harder whenever we feel our position being threatened by a competitive and we try to be the best at what we do....
- Thursday, July 09, 2009
Poker And Backgammon
There is a common thread between games like poker, backgammon and chess....
- Tuesday, July 21, 2009